On May 31st, the team at AFC Doctors Express Urgent Care North Andover co-sponsored the 5th Annual Everyone’s a Player Golf Tournament at the beautiful Andover Country Club. Since 2011, the Everyone’s a Player charity has successfully helped over 1,000 underprivileged children participate in youth sports programs. The Merrimack Valley-based charity achieves its fundraising goals by hosting enjoyable events such as the Everyone’s a Player Golf Charity event, which stands as the charity’s biggest fundraising event of the year.
The ultimate goal of the charity is to allow as many children as possible to join in on the captivating experience of organized team sports. Besides the obvious fitness benefits, participating in youth sports also instills important life lessons in children, such as teamwork and leadership. The competitive nature of sports also teaches children how to cope with both success and failure, sufficiently preparing them for the road ahead.
The golf tournament sets a number of fundraising initiatives each year. This year’s initiatives included raising enough money to:
- Award 10 scholarships to athletes to attend college showcase camps
- Support and organize tennis clinics for youths from the inner city
- Provide gym equipment to middle schools in Lawrence
- Fund a two-week multi-sport summer camp for 300 children in Lawrence
- Fund 6 summer league basketball teams in Lawrence, Lowell and Haverhill
- Provide select athletes on the Haverhill and Lawrence track and field team with athletic gear
AFC Doctors Express Urgent Care North Andover and Methuen cannot wait to be back next year, as we had an awesome time and believe that the charity is truly inspiring. We were graced with amazing weather and feel incredibly fortunate to participate in such an important event.