Sunburn Treatment in North Andover, MA
Sunburns are common, acute inflammatory responses to the skin being exposed to ultraviolet radiation (UVR).
A few risk factors of getting sunburned include:
- Duration of exposure
- Height of the sun – greatest exposure is midday, around noon
- Lack of protective sunscreen or clothing
- Lighter skin pigmentation
Most sunburns can be treated at home with over the counter medicines and remedies, while a severe sunburn might need the evaluation of a Provider. You should also seek medical attention if you’re experiencing symptoms such as blisters, excessive peeling, chills or fever, or dizziness.
At AFC Urgent Care North Andover, we treat symptoms of sunburns on a walk-in basis. Some of the services we provide include:
- Full examination for skin color change, blisters, and capillary refill
- Assessment degree of pain
- Evaluation for symptoms of dehydration and heat exhaustion
Open seven days a week, our walk-in clinic can treat you symptoms without you needing an appointment to be seen. We accept a range of health insurances as well as provide low-cost care for those without. We can also provide referrals for further treatment, if necessary.
For more information about the services we provide, please call to speak with one of our medical professionals at 978-470-0800.